This page is a list of websites with content related to my areas of clinical interest - EMDR, positive psychotherapy, body-based therapy approaches, and the neurophysiology of changes in adaptive behaviors. Other sites are listed because of personal contact, e-mail correspondence, and/or my own frequent use.
Skim the list and click on anything that appeals.
- EMDRIA, The International EMDR Association, based in Austin Texas, has a public directory of EMDR therapists all over the world, and information about conferences, research support, and for-credit trainings and specialty workshops.
EMDRAC, the Canadian EMDR Association, has a public directory for EMDR therapists in Canada, plus conference and training information.
- One of the largest
mental health support
directories is PsychCentral.com which gives news, articles, and
chat blogs on just about everything connected to mental health.
Neurolateral.com you will find a software program with an appealing array of client-friendly bilateral stimulation options. Developed by Heather Pearson, M.D., F.R.C.P., EMDR Institute Facilitator and EMDRIA Approved Consultant.
- The award-winning site, Trauma Information Pages, has
a most comprehensive collection of trauma-related resources and information — an outstanding contribution by David Baldwin, Ph.D. and my favorite source for research.
- At the Canadian Foundation for Trauma Research and Education,
Edward Josephs, Ph.D. and Lynne Zettl, Ph.D. offer training programs in self-regulation therapy from a strong foundation in neurophysiology and somatic therapy.
EMDR far and wide
- SelfGrowth.com- - SelfGrowth.com is the most complete guide to information about Self Improvement, Personal Growth and Self Help on the Internet.
It is designed to be an organized directory, with articles and references to thousands of other Web Sites on the World Wide Web.
is an association of therapists who believe people can access their
own wisdom and internal resources to overcome obstacles to health
and happiness. They have a worldwide directory of therapists you can
- At April-Steele.ca you will find information about this EMDRIA Approved Consultant in Nanaimo, BC. and her Imaginal Nurturing and Secure Self approaches - applications of EMDR to help people with attachment problems.
Nanaimo Psychologist, If you're in Nanaimo and need
a skilled EMDR therapist, call psychologist Dr. Raymond Shred at
250-758-2331. His website is
- For information about Dr. Peter Levine's ground-breaking trauma therapy
called Somatic Experiencing, go to the Foundation for Human Enrichment at www.traumahealing.com
- www.dyenamicmovement.com takes you to Seattle-based Kimberly Dye's website
on integrating body movement and dance therapy to help individuals and
Enhanced Healing -
Relaxation music, positive affirmations and online counseling
for reducing stress and anxiety, promoting health, wellness and
healing and improving self-esteem.